Thursday, June 2, 2011

Will you be my Bridesmaid?

As a soon to be bride, I am so into the DIY wedding projects. They are economical, special and add a modern twist. I adore the idea of formally asking those whom you would like to be in your bridal party. I love the paper chain people that we all learned to make in grade school and this project uses that simple concept to introduce your bridesmaids to everyone. Simply cut out the shape of the dress you plan on using in the color of the actual dresses and personalize each person with some paper hair. To complete the set I created a little card asking “Will you be my bridesmaid?” and included the wedding details. Obviously I had to add my fashionista-ness to the creation; so the girls are drawn in the same way as my fashion figures when designing a collection. I added a tropical touch with a detailed seashell seal and caribbean inspired cardstock.




4 comments:

Julia Vorob'eva said...

wow, this is awesome! im so proud of you! his is amazing!

Ayu said...

this is very cute! :) Congrats!! :))

Tinfoils Tiaras said...

Angie this is such a cute idea- I love the personal touches! P.S. Even though I couldn't attend on Sat- I saw photos and your models looked incredible- love the superhero theme!

**Enter my blog giveaway for your chance to win a beautiful jewellery set!**

Pop Champagne said...

omg that is ADORABLE! haha who knew crafts you learn in kindergarten could save you money now ;)