Thursday, April 14, 2011

Alter-Ego


These past few days have reminded me why I love this business so much: early mornings and late nights!
The Alter Ego Launch was the first time I’ve literally taken on every aspect of the launch by myself.
I promised everybody I would give a behind the scenes look at what I do. The fashion industry is
portrayed as glitz and glamour, but sometimes, it couldn’t be further from the truth!

First things first, as a business, we want to keep things fresh and exciting. One of the ways of doing that
is introducing new styles and designs. Once we decided we wanted to introduce a new style; I let the
brainstorm session begin.
Finally, I sketched a style that both Andre and I loved! From there, I started cutting & sewing some
samples. Once I perfected the style and the process I started producing one of each piece in the
collection.
As I produced them, I shot the campaign on one of our mannequins in a location near our showroom.
Individually I updated each garment to our online store, set the prices based on the quality of the
garment and based on other similar quality brands.
Like many people, I love listening to music while I work. I went through my entire 250 iTune playlist
(including 2 DJ mixes... Thanks DJ Grace!!) over a dozen times over the past week. The process of
producing one Alter-Ego Tunic takes me about an hour and a half, to come up with the final design
sketches took me over a week and to perfect the process took me about 3 days.
I am very happy to introduce to you the Alter Ego collection! http://shop.demulabel.com/collections/
the-alter-ego-collection
P.S. Grace... I need another Mix, please!

5 comments:

Jeliza-Rose said...

well done you! you're really talented!
xx

Demüre said...

thanks so much!! so nice of you!!

Marcia B. said...

Wow love your sketches, super awesome!

From Broadway said...

The sketches are awesome.....

Demüre said...

thanks !!!