Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lady Gaga -Born This Way

Lady Gaga's Vogue cover debuts (photos)
 Lady Gaga is on the cover of the March issue of Vogue. 
This was clearly a give and take relationship for Anna Wintour. The look is one of the edgiest vogue has ever had for a celebrity cover shoot. As per usual, Gaga looks absolutely stunning in Alexander McQueen, Louis Vuitton and Haider Ackermann.  However, Anna Wintour clearly had a say in the hair and makeup since the two women look like they were pulled out from the same cotton candy covered womb. Gaga's sports a pink bob with avant-garde mauve-tone makeup and bares a strikingly creepy resemblance to Miss Wintour. 
Here is a snippet of Gaga's interview in Vogue. Be sure to check back in tomorrow for the release of "Born This Way".
On fame:
“I don’t feel spiritually connected to anyone in Hollywood makeup and a gown with diamond earrings on. I am just a different breed. I want to be your cool older sister who you feel really connected with, who you feel understands you and refuses to judge anything about you because she’s been there.”
On her single, ‘Born This Way’:
“I wrote it in 10 f**king minutes, and it is a completely magical message song. And after I wrote it, the gates just opened, and the songs kept coming. It was like an immaculate conception.”
On how she views herself as a performer:
“Speaking purely from a musical standpoint, I think I am a great performer. I am a talented entertainer. I consider myself to have one of the greatest voices in the industry. I consider myself to be one of the greatest songwriters. I wouldn’t say that I am one of the greatest dancers, but I am really quite good at what I do. I think it’s OK to be confident in yourself.”
On her ‘little monsters’:
“I see myself in them. I was this really bad, rebellious misfit of a person—I still am—sneaking out, going to clubs, drugs, alcohol, older men, younger men. You imagine it, I did it. I was just a bad kid. And I look at them, and every show there’s a little more eyeliner, a little more freedom, and a little more ‘I don’t give a f–k about the bullies at my school.’ For some reason, the fans didn’t become more Top 40. They become even more of this cult following. It’s very strange and exciting
.

Vogue definitely added a touch of that "Wintour" Bob to the look

No comments: