We had a great evening in this past weekend. We cooked a delicious breaded chicken with a side of citrus salad and cauliflower in a cheese sauce. Staying in and cooking is a great way to save a couple dollars and bond with friends, boyfriends, girlfriends as well as family creating something everyone loves! Food!!!
We finished off the night and burnt a few calories by playing xbox kinect!!
Breaded red vinegar pepper Chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- 1 box organic chopped spinach (10 ounces), thawed
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (about 1/3 palmful)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- chopped cucumbers
- chopped red vinegar peppers
- Preheat oven to 400° with center rack.
- Skin and trim fat from chicken pieces.
- Heat a 12" skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the parmesan. Place the breadcrumbs in a pie plate.
- Pour enough olive oil to come 1/4" the inside of the skillet. Heat until hot but not smoking – a gentle med-high.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl, then coat in the breadcrumbs. Lay the chicken in the hot oil, allowing to become golden brown on each side -- you won’t need to cook through as the chicken will cook further in the oven.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish, large enough to accommodate the chicken pieces. Pour the liquid from the vinegar peppers over the chicken and bake 10 minutes. add the peppers,cucumbers, feta, chopped spinach, garlic and oregano tucking in and around the pieces of chicken. Return to the oven, reduce heat to 350° and bake until the chicken is cooked and juices run clear, about 30 minutes longer.
- Serve chicken platter with pepper mixture and pan juices on rice.
- For cauliflower , steam in a pan with water. Top with cheese sauce.
Watch Kitchen Boss and Rachel Ray for healthy and amazing recipes. Recipe above inspired by Buddy's Red pepper chicken and Rachel Ray's lazy Greek chicken recipe.
Quick tip :
For best results ..never follow recipe perfectly, dont measure too carefully either ... it makes people too uptight. Use your own substitutes and creativity when cooking.